The 2014 “Longshot Clothing” Eclectic competition will be conducted for 3 months commencing on Tuesday 4th February 2014 and concluding on Sunday 4th May 2014.
SPONSORED BY LONGSHOT CLOTHING
4 FEBRUARY – 4 MAY 2014
REGISTRATION $10 PER PLAYER – ENTRIES CLOSE 4 MARCH 2014
The conditions of the competition are as follows
• The entry fee is $10 and must be paid to the Golf Shop. Entries close Tuesday 4th March 2014.
• The score entry will be managed by SBGC staff, therefore the competitors DO NOT need to complete eclectic cards as in the past.
• A competition report will be published each week and placed in the Golf Shop for player’s information.
• Players should ensure that their scores have been correctly entered.
• The handicap rule is that 50% of the player’s handicap at the commencement of the competition will be used to determine the results.
• The events for this competition are:
– Best gross score for each grade – men and women
– Best net score for each grade – men and women
• If there are insufficient entries for a particular grade then adjustments may be made by the Captain.
TO REGISTER – CONTACT THE GOLF SHOP (02) 4332 1103
Register your name at the golf shop on the Eclectic Registration Sheet & pay the entry fee at time of entry.
It is essential your name and details are listed, so as your rounds can be displayed on the Leader Board for your club.
An eclectic tournament is a multi-round golf tournament that results in one 18-hole score per player.
Each golfer plays a number of rounds during the 3 month period of the tournament. The computer compares his or her scores on each hole per round. The lowest score made on each hole is recorded, producing an 18-hole eclectic score.
For example, let’s say a golfer plays 3 rounds. In the first round, the golfer scores a 6 on hole No. 1; in Round 2, they score a 7 on hole No. 1; in Round 3, they score a 4 on hole No. 1. The lowest of those three scores on the first hole is a 4, so that is the golfer’s eclectic score for the 1st hole. This format continues for all 18 holes on the course.
The computer simply updates the best scores on each hole in every round of the eclectic and the results are updated into an eclectic scorecard. This scorecard will be updated weekly to allow all participants to monitor their progress.
The Longshot Clothing Eclectic is conducted concurrently with other competitions, over a 3 month period to allow time for players to establish solid eclectic scores
– See more at: http://www.shellybeachgolfclub.com.au/8758/8758#sthash.xNFSHf9Q.dpuf
February 4, 2014 - May 4, 2014
The entry fee is $10 and must be paid to the Golf Shop. - See more at: http://www.shellybeachgolfclub.com.au/8758/8758#sthash.xNFSHf9Q.dpuf
March 4, 2014
Shelly Beach Golf Club
Shelly Beach Road
Shelly Beach, NSW 2261