US99.5 and Chicagoland Speedway want you to show off your country, and you could win $1,000 and get an opening slot at the GEICO 400 at Chicagoland Speedway on September 15, 2013!
Here’s how to enter the US99.5 & Chicagoland Speedway Country Show-off Competition:
1. Enter your contact information in the online registration form (either for yourself as a solo artist, or on behalf of a band) and submit a 2-minute video of an original song. All entries must be received by August 11, 2013 at 11:59 p.m.
2. 10 Finalists will be selected on August 14, 2013, and their videos will be posted online at us99.com. They will also receive a 4-pack of general admission tickets to the GEICO 400 on September 15, 2013 and a $100 gift card to Bub City (Restaurant), located at 435 N. Clark St. in downtown Chicago.
3. On Wednesday, September 11, 2013, at 9 p.m., the 10 finalists will compete in the US99.5 & Chicagoland Speedway Country Show-off Finals Event at Bub City by performing live in front of a panel of judges.
4. Finalists will be judged in the following categories: (1) Marketability in Country Music, (2) Vocal/Instrumental Ability, (3) Originality, (4) Stage Presence/Charisma and (5) Talent.
5. One runner-up winner (2nd place) will receive $250.
6. The grand prize winner will receive $1,000, 10 general admission tickets to the GEICO 400, and the opportunity to open for the headliner by performing 3 songs around 11 a.m. that morning.
1. The song in your video submission must be an original work. Submissions that include copyrighted material will be disqualified.
2. Any videos longer than 2 minutes will be disqualified, so make sure that the song ends within 2 minutes.
3. If you’re submitting on behalf of a band or duo, each member must meet the eligibility requirements.
4. If a band wins at any level of the competition, the prize will be awarded to the person who submitted the online entry.
September 11, 2013
At 9 p.m. the 10 finalists will compete in the US99.5 & Chicagoland Speedway Country Show-off Finals Event at Bub City by performing live in front of a panel of judges.
August 11, 2013