The Big Mountain Enduro Series is an authentic multi-stage, multi-day annual Enduro series throughout the most picturesque vacation destinations in Colorado, Utah and New Mexico. This much anticipated competition offers some of the biggest and most challenging terrain in and around these mountainous landscapes. With many of the top-ranked trails in the country, races will follow a mix of the European formats; tying in epic backcountry Enduros on big terrain, as well as lift-accessed stages blended in along the way. Courses will feature predominantly downhill timed “special” stages linked together by non-timed liaison climbing stages. This rapidly growing discipline combines the physical endurance of cross-country riding with the technical difficulty and excitement of downhill racing.
The Whole Enchilada has become known as one of Moab’s most cherished and challenging rides. This single-day event will combine over 7,500 feet of descending over the course of three stages and will navigate through various climate zones as riders winds their way down from Burro Pass through Hazard County, Kokopelli, UPS, LPS and Porcupine Rim trails. This year, we will split up the Whole Enchilada into multiple stages and will include a surprise stage to start the day before racing the Whole Enchilada. This premier event will serve as the final points race for the 2014 Big Mountain Enduro, which will draw major media exposure and top athletes from across the globe.
– Race Entry for one day
– Donation to trail groups in each community
– Applicable lift ticket and/or shuttles for each day of racing
– Professionally marked courses
– Experienced checkpoint crew
– Fully-stocked stations with Clif Bar product
– Professional medical support on-course
– Post-race lunch
– Finish line community festivals
– Tech/Expo with sponsor support
– Mobile race office with customer service crew
– Professional, state-of-the-art chip timing
– Daily large awards presentations
– Bike wash available daily
– Custom BME event T-Shirt
August 23, 2014 - August 23, 2014
Exact course descriptions will be released the Wednesday prior to the race online and in the email newsletter, and open for practice at that time. Course maps and directions will be available at packet pick-up on Friday.
August 20, 2014
1551 US Hwy 191
Moab, Utah 84532
Big Mountain Enduro