SUP Sarasota is producing the Sarasota SUP Race Series to promote the healthy lifestyle of Stand Up Paddleboarding at three of Sarasota County’s most beautiful Parks. Siesta Key Beach, Lake Benderson Park and Sarasota Sailor Squadron. It is the goal of SUP Sarasota to make the Coastal Waterways of Sarasota County a national destination for Stand Up Paddleboarding.
Men’s and Women’s 12.6, 14 and Unlimited Divisions, Over 50 Divisions in Men’s & Women’s 12.6 and 14’s, Boys and Girls Junior 12’6 Division.
6 miles – $75.00 / Series Pass $150.00 (all three races)
* Family Discount – If two adults sign up, one child is free
Men’s, Women’s and Junior Race and Stock Surf SUP Divisions, 12.6 , 14 Race boards and Stock Surf SUP 12 feet and under, Over 50 Divisions in Men’s and Women’s Stock Surf SUP, 12.6 and 14 race boards.
3 Miles – $75.00 / Series Pass $150.00 (all three races)
* Family Discount – If two adults sign up, one child is free
Half Mile Grom Race
Juniors 12 and Under – Boys and Girls Race Divisions`
1/2 Mile – $35.00
Coed Team Relay Sprint Races
Free to all Elite and Open Racers – Beach to Buoy and Back 100 yard dash – Must use same board, first team to back on beach advances.
Teams must consist of one Male and one Female. There will be two Divisions, 12’6 Race Board and Stock Surf SUP (under 12 feet).
Elimination rounds to follow Distance Races – Sign ups open until start of first heat – if you don’t have a partner, we’ll find you one.
Be Adventurous, sign up for this fun race, you’ll love it!
*Awards given to top three finishers in each division. 5 racers must enter into a division for awards to be given.
Safety Watercraft shall be on the course during all races. The standard distress signal of raising the paddle in the air for assistance or waiving the paddle in the air for an emergency is in effect. Personal flotation devices and a whistle are required on all participants boards. Rule number one…be safe and look out for each other…we are all out to have fun!!
We, as members of the SUP Community would like to share the experience of bonding with our natural surroundings out on the water with our local special needs children. Waterman give back…and we are asking for racers who wish to stick around after the awards ceremony to pair with a local child and show them what it is to be up and out on the water. To see, if only for a brief time, why we are so hooked on this sport! I think they will enjoy it as much as we do!!
Awards, Prizes, Goodies:
The top 3 finishers in each division shall receive a custom wooden trophy made by local surfer and craftsman, Dale Rieke. All entries shall receive a swag bag full of goodies, samples and freebies from local restaurants, bars and retail stores. The first 125 Racers to check in on site shall receive a Sarasota SUP Race Series Jersey. All racers will be given a ticket for a free lunch in a Race Designated area near the Siesta Key Beach Pavilion. Hats, T-shirts, Coozies, Red Bull and Kona samples shall be available for Racers, Family and Friends joining in on the days festivities. All are welcome to either leave early or spend the day and demo SUP boards, lend a helping hand to local children to experience SUP, listen to local DJ’s spin tunes from the Red Bull MXT Truck, have a cold Kona and enjoy our sandy beach!!!
PARTICIPANT RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the SARASOTA SUP RACE SERIES on JUNE 21st on SIESTA KEY PUBLIC BEACH, related events and activities, I the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death. I understand that participating in this activity includes visible and non apparent risks such as but not limited to: navigational markers, channel markers, lane markers, docks, piers, bridges and embankments, marine life as well as prolonged exposure to the sun.
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation.
2a. I hereby affirm that I have no visible or non-visible medical, physical or psychological conditions which would make it dangerous to myself or others to participate in this activity.
3. I willingly agree to comply with terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS SUP SARASOTA, LLC, SARASOTA COUNTY GOVERNMENT, its officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (RELEASEES), from any and all claims, demands, losses, and liability arising out of or related to any INJURY, DISABILITY OR DEATH I may suffer, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS OF PARTICIPANT OF MINOR AGE (UNDER AGE 18 AT TIME OF REGISTRATION)
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liability incidents to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
X________________________ _________ _____________________________
Parent/Guardian Signature Date Emergency Phone Number(s)
June 21, 2014 - June 21, 2014
Race Day Itinerary: 7:30 - 8:45 am Racer Check In - - Marked "Check In" Tent on Beach 8:45 am - Elite Racer Meeting - Under "Red Bull" Tent on Beach 9:00 am - Start of Elite Race - Beach Start 10:15 am - Open Racer Meeting - Under "Red Bull" Tent on Beach 10:30 am - Start of Open Race - Beach Start (last Elite Racer must be off course) - 1/2 Mile Grom Race and Sprint Races to follow completion of Distance Races – 12 noon - Lunch available in Pavilion Area - Awards to Start after Completion of Sprint Races - 1:00 pm - Pro Clinic and Kids Paddle 2:00 pm - Board and Equipment Demo for Adults 3:00 pm - Board and Equipment Demo for Kids
$75.00 for Elite 6 Mile or Open 3 Mile Races, Grom Race $35.00
June 21, 2014
Siesta Key Public Beach
948 Beach Road
Siesta Key, Florida 34242