ShamrockFest 2014 - Pub Games - Cornhole, Competitions, Kilted Leg Contest
ShamrockFest 2014 is the 14th annual Irish music and beer festival that takes place at RFK Festival Grounds in Washington, DC. ShamrockFest will take place on March 22, 2014 and host 30+ bands, DJs and entertainers – including Dropkick Murphys, along with competitive “pub” games. The first annual National Super Hole tournament will offer teams of all skill levels the opportunity to compete – first in friendly competition and then the seeded tournament. There will be a grand prize winner at the end of the tournament.
ShamrockFest will also have the ever-so-popular Kilted Leg Contest – where lads and lasses alike show off their legs in kilts! This is one competition that grows in popularity every year! You have gotta watch this. And if you’re lucky, you can maybe even compete yourself.
Other pub games include bar games, hula hoop contests, JENGA and others.
SHAMROCK PUB GAMES
Get ready for the Shamrock Pub Games, the most exciting “athletic competition” in the history of mankind – where competitors from around the globe compete in life-or-death battles which test their wits, athleticism and strength like never before. Or, to put it another way… Get ready for the Shamrock Pub Games, a ridiculous spectacle in which participants test their shame-level like never before – and everyone gets to admire some amazing kilted legs 😉 But seriously, this is a blast, and there is some major cold hard cash, and other prizes on the line!
Round out your ShamrockFest day by competing in the Shamrock Games – it is FREE to compete. You can compete as an individual or get a “TEAM” together and try to win the Shamrock Cup. There’s no better way to have fun, maybe win some cool cash and quite likely embarrass yourself in front of hundreds of fellow knuckleheads. Here’s the skinny…
There Are Four Competitions:
- Women’s Kilted Legs Competition:
Individual Competition for Women. Objective: Lasses proudly showcase their beautiful legs for an adoring audience…and try to get votes.
- Men’s Kilted Legs Competition:
Individual Competition for Men. Objective: Lads peacock on stage like buffoons, shamelessly courting votes for their “best legs.”
- Green Balloon Partner Squeeze:
Two Person Teams (teams can be comprised of men, women or combination.) Objective: Partners race through a course with a green balloon squeezed between the two of them. The fastest team through, without popping the balloon, wins. (We provide balloons to minimize cheating 😉
The person who can hula the longest wins. It is THAT EASY!
* Schedule times will be released closer to the event date.
- 1st Place winners in Mens & Women Kilted Legs Contests each win $100. 1st place finishers in all competitions win 2 VIP passes to SRF `15, and get 30 TEAM POINTS.
- 2nd Place finishers in all competitions win $25 and get 20 TEAM POINTS.
- 3rd Place finishers in all competitions get 10 TEAM POINTS.
- TEAM TROPHY: The Shamrock Cup, a large, magnificent crystalish bowl, will be presented to TEAM with the most overall TEAM points. Anyone can form a TEAM, and have as many people on their TEAM as they like. If someone places in a competition, they get TEAM points. Those TEAM points get applied to that person’s TEAM tally for scoring purposes. Bottom line, grab some folks, form a team, compete and try to take home the Shamrock Cup.
- Participation in the Shamrock Pub Games is free for ShamrockFest guests.
- All ShamrockFest Games registration will take place at ShamrockFest, at the Irish Village. Registration for each competition will end five minutes before the competition begins (or earlier if the bracket sheet is full.) Registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis. Time schedule of competitions to be announced.
- You may register to compete in as many competitions as you like. When you register to compete, if you do not have a full TEAM, we will partner you with others to form a complete TEAM. The TEAM with the most points at the end of all the competitions will receive the Shamrock Cup… and all bragging rights for a year.
Here is what some of leaders in the entertainment industry are saying:
“National ShamrockFest is Washington DC’s greatest festival, hands down!”
“ShamrockFest… America’s biggest Saint Patrick’s Day party…”
“…Shamrock Festival is one of the best live music festivals in the United States”
* All info on this site subject to change without notice. Check official website often for updates.
*All guests must purchase a ticket to ShamrockFest to participate in any of above-mentioned activities, games or competitions.