The World Predator Classic will be the Formula 1 of angling.
Run annually, the event forms a 365 day a year, global marketing platform accessed by anglers, the angling trade and the world’s media. The event will be fished from boats creating high-speed, action-packed, interactive media friendly broadcast productions. Cutting edge technology will be used to stream the action live directly from the boats during the event. A professional team will provide commentary exactly like in the Formula 1 races. The event administered and run by the Angling Spirits team of professionals.
In parallel with the World Predator Classic there will be two other elements to ensure high numbers of spectators. These will be an angling and water sports exhibition run over the three day period of the event(from 2015) and a music festival each evening. These two elements are to be run by third party professionals alongside the World Predator Classic. That said, everything will be cross promoted and appear as one huge world class event. The venue is used to hosting large events, an example being the steam festival which is attended by over 100,000 visitors.
The competitors will have crowds of spectators to watch them on the starting grid when they leave each morning and cheer them back in the afternoon when they return. Huge ancient cannons are to be fired to signal the start of the event each day. The location is perfect for this event, with a small bridge spanning the canal under which the boats will travel; competitors proudly displaying their national flags on their way to the starting grid.
World Predator Classic Event: Location and Date
The Netherlands have been awarded the host nation status for the period 2014-2016. The World Predator Classic being centered in and around the historic town of Hellevoetsluis . This is conveniently located 25 minutes from Rotterdam airport with the vast 11,663 hectare water of Haringvliet being used for the competition.
This superb venue is already booked for the inaugural World Predator Classic in 2014 on the June 20th, 21st and 22nd .
Event Format for 2014
• Three day boat based event with two competing anglers per boat.
• Competitors will fish a different zone each day over the 3 days.
• A draw will take place at the official Opening Ceremony to establish the zone
order each boat will fish in.
• Places on the starting grid will be established each day.
• Pike, zander and perch will be the principle target species with minimum
numbers of each being required. Bonus points will awarded for all other
• The overall winners will be the anglers with the greatest combined length of fish
caught over the three days of the event as per the event rules.
• There will be prizes for the longest fish caught in each of the selected species.
• The event will be strictly ‘catch and release’ with best practice angling being
observed at all times
• The competition in 2014 will be open to 60 boats representing 15 countries. This number will be increased in future years.
• Places for the inaugural event will be via invitation to sponsors and media with a number being made available as open entry via the event website.
The World Predator Classic is an event owned and run by Angling Spirit Ltd.
Please request an authorisation to publish if you wish to use or re-publish - in part or in full- any documents, rules, articles/blogs posted on our website, articles in our Official magazines, videos and pictures . This applies to any media support with no limitation in time.
Inaugural event due to take place 19th to the 22nd June 2014
June 20, 2014 - June 22, 2014
3 day event fished in between the hours of 9:00 till 17:00 - Each day competition will be followed by a prize of the day announcement at 21:00 and a massive concert party afterwards
£1500 per boat entry
June 20, 2014
+44 2392 571 571